Taverham High School follows the Norfolk County Council Admissions Policy. Admission arrangements to the school do not discriminate against students for any reason.
Whilst most of our students come from our traditional catchment area of Taverham, Drayton, Thorpe Marriott and Ringland, we welcome applications from motivated students who live beyond these areas and who aspire to achieve in a school whose GCSE results place us in the top 25% of Norfolk schools and has a caring and supportive Sixth Form which has high expectations of all learners.
Due to increasing demand from other areas, we provide transport to bring students from the Queen’s Hills area of Costessey and Longwater Lane. This is subject to a small charge.
If there are more requests for places than places available, the Authority will admit children in the following order of priority:
1) children with an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) naming the school
2) children in public care who are due to transfer
3) children who are due to transfer and live in the area served by the school
4) children who are due to transfer and live outside the area served by the school but who have an older brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission
5) children who are due to transfer who live outside the area served by the school and attend a feeder school (Drayton VC Junior and Taverham VC Junior) at the opening date of the admission round children who are due to transfer and live outside the area served by the school.
If all children within any of the above rules cannot be offered a place, the highest priority will be given to children living nearest to the school within that rule. To determine who lives nearest, distance will be measured on a straight line ‘crow fly’ basis, using Ordnance Survey data.
If following the application of admission rules and distance two applicants cannot be separated for a final place at a school, the authority will use random allocation to determine the priority for the remaining place.
If you would like to apply for a place at Taverham High School, please refer to our School’s Admissions Policy, A timetable for organising and hearing admissions’ appeals can also be found in the Policy.
If you have any particular questions relating to admissions to Taverham High School, please phone our school office on 01603 860505.