If you would like to find out more details on the courses we offer and wish to apply to Taverham High Sixth Form, please follow the link below to Help You Choose - the information, advice and careers guidance website for young people in Norfolk:
On this page you will also find links to the current Sixth Form prospectus. If you need any further details prior to making an application please do not hesitate to get in touch.
16 to 19 Bursary Fund
Sixth form students at Taverham High School can apply for financial assistance to support them in overcoming specific barriers to participation in education.
What a bursary is for:
A bursary is money that students, can use to pay for things like:
- clothing, books and other equipment for your course
- transport and lunch on days you study or train
- cost of attendance at university open days / interviews
- field trips
What you'll get:
There are 2 types of 16 to 19 bursary-
Vulnerable student bursary
You could get up to £1,200 per year if at least one of the following applies:
- you’re in or recently left local authority care
- you’re disabled and you get Income Support in your name
- you’re disabled and you get Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name
- you’re disabled and you get Universal Credit in your name in place of Income Support or ESA
(if household income is below £30,000 students will be able to apply for a discretionary bursary in addition to the vulnerable bursary).
You could get a discretionary bursary of between £550 and £2,335 per year if you need financial help. If your house hold income is below £30,000 per year you will automatically qualify for a bursary. The level of funding allocated to each student will depend on individual family circumstances and will be allocated on completion of an application form together with proof of eligibility.
How to apply
Application forms are available on the school website or hard copies are available from the sixth form office. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.