OPEN EVENING THURSDAY 7 NOVEMBER 2019
6:30 pm until 8:30 pm
Please contact email@example.com
One vision. Our passion. Your future.
There is no better way to explain Taverham Sixth Form. Every member of staff shares a common desire to get the very best out of every student we work with. When you visit the school I am sure you will see the excellent relationships that exist between students and staff who realise that your education goes beyond what happens in lessons.
Taverham Sixth Form will challenge and support you to be better than you thought possible. 'Your future’ refers to our philosophy that every student who comes to Taverham Sixth Form is an individual with their own dreams and aspirations.
Our commitment to you is to build on your individuality and help you develop the edge to succeed. We wont enrol you on unsuitable courses to make you look good, or lower our entry criteria or expectations just to get as many people into the sixth form as possible; and we wont let you accept any less than your best during your time here.
We will work with you to ensure you thrive in the 21st century workplace and leave Taverham Sixth Form prepared for whatever pathway you choose. Taverham Sixth Form is an exceptional place for extraordinary students with ambitious goals. Come and see for yourself.
How we meet the 16-19 study programme requirements.
At Taverham Sixth Form our offer provides students breadth and depth, without limiting their options for future study or work.
The majority of our students follow an A-level course as their core learning aim. A-level students are expected to follow a minimum of three A-levels, or equivalent, which count as substantial qualifications. A-level study programmes also include non-qualification activity such as tutorials, work experience, personal or study skills through our tutor programme, and support students to progress to employment or Higher Education.
To gain entry into the sixth form you will need six GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English and maths. We do have a number of subjects which have specific entry requirements. Please see our curriuclum pages for further details or contact the head of sixth form. The sixth form team will be available at our open evening on Thursday 7 November 2019 to discuss any queries you may have. All entry requirements will also be discussed at interview with applicants.
All of our 16 to 19 study programmes, whether A-level, BTEC or Access are designed to provide students with a structured and challenging learning programme that supports their development and progression in line with their career plans.
Study programmes should be individually tailored but will typically combine the elements below:
- Substantial qualifications, such as A-level, BTEC and Access that stretch students and prepare them for education at the next level or for employment.
- We provide retakes in English and mathematics where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 4, usually as part of the Access course.
- Every May Year 12 attend a week long work experience placement to give students the opportunity to develop their career choices and to apply their skills in real working conditions. Some courses also contain additional work placements, such as BTEC Sport.
- We run an extensive enrichment programme made up of other non-qualification activity to develop students’ character, broader skills, attitudes and confidence, and to support progression. This ranges from qualifications like the Level 3 Extended Project option, to sport, life skills and cookery.
Taverham Sixth Form 2018-2019 cohort
- 44 students (56% of cohort) continued studies at university
- 10 (5% of FE students) went to Russell Group universities
- 26 (33% of FE students) went to top third universities
- 17 (22% of cohort) Norfolk Scholars
- A-level A*-A 22%
- A-level A*-B 44%
- A-level A*-C 67%
We will be running a coach from Queens Hills. A contribution of £2.20 per day is requested, details from the Finance Office.