We are all volunteers who care about children's education
We are people drawn from the local and wider community, including staff and parents, with a wide variety of skills, professional qualifications and experience from business and within education.
To be at the heart of how Taverham High School operates to ensure each child has the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
To support the creation of a safe and inspirational learning environment within which every individual can grow their skills and knowledge, develop self respect, respect for others and prepare themselves for life in a changing world.
To support the Headteacher, Leadership Team and staff to make sure that the school provides high quality education supporting the above aims, raising standards of achievement and producing an environment where children feel inspired to develop their natural gifts and talents.
What We Do
Trustees operate at a strategic level leaving the day to day management of the school to the Headteacher and her staff.
We work as a collaborative body and as individuals have no power: decisions are made as a group through a number of specialist committees generally meeting on a termly basis.
We set the direction of the school and are involved in shaping and reviewing the school's strategic plans in collaboration with the Headteacher and the school’s Leadership Team.
Each trustee uses his or her specialism serving on a committee:
All trustees meet at least termly.
- Receives reports of updates relating to wider and national and international educational developments.
- Ensures clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Academy.
- Ensures that the Headteacher is held to account for the educational performance of the school, the performance management of staff and ensuring value for money.
Personnel and Pay Committee
- Ensures appropriate staffing structure, performance management and salaries are in place.
- Members from this committee form the Pay Committee.
Quality of Education Committee
- Ensures appropriate development and implementation of the school curriculum for years 7 – 13 to ensure effective outcomes for all students.
Welfare and Safeguarding Committee
- Ensures the effectiveness of matters relating to pupil welfare, pastoral care, parent liaison and the community links of Taverham High School for years 7 – 13.
Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
- Ensures that the financial risks of the school are effectively reviewed and monitored and the annual statements give a true and fair view of the financial activities of the school.
- Ensures that the audit function provides assurance to the external auditors with reference to the guidance in the Academy’s Financial Handbook.
- Reviews the building function.
Contacting the Governing body
If you wish to contact the trustees at Taverham High School please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr R Harris
Mr R Linnell
Dr Andrew Staines
Mrs Diane Perry-Yates
Ms Lauren Griffiths (Chair of Governors)
Mr Steven Mitchell
Mrs Jo Ellis
Ms June Sewell (Chair of Quality of Education Committee and Welfare and Safeguarding Committee)
Mr Mark Carter
TRUSTEE APPOINTED TRUSTEES
Mr Callum Perry
Mr Alex Blackburn
Mrs Susan Byles
Ms Florence Carney
Mr Gary Martin
Ms Markella Papageorgiou (Chair of Personnel and Pay Committee)
Mr Dale Timbers
Ms Barbara Snelling
CLERK TO THE GOVERNING BODY
Mr Chris Perry-Yates