Post 16 Bursary
Sixth form students at Taverham High School can apply for financial assistance to support them in overcoming specific barriers to participation in education. Summary details are below. Please follow the link below for the full bursary policy for 2022-23 (students need to apply each academic year - it does not roll forward).
What a bursary is for:
A bursary is money that students, can use to pay for things like:
- clothing, books and other equipment for your course
- school meals
- transport and lunch on days you study or train
- cost of attendance at university open days / interviews
- field trips
What you'll get:
There are two types of 16 to 19 bursary:
Vulnerable student bursary
You could get up to £1,200 per year if at least one of the following applies:
- in or recently left local authority care
- in receipt of Income Support, or Universal Credit because you are financially supporting yourself or financially supporting yourself and someone who is dependent on you and living with you such as a child or partner
- in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in your own right as well as Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit in your own right
If household income is below £40,000 students are able to apply for a discretionary bursary in addition to the vulnerable student bursary.
You could get a discretionary bursary of between £825 and £2,775 per year if you need financial help. If your household income is below £40,000 per year you will automatically qualify for a bursary. The level of funding allocated to each student will depend on individual family circumstances and will be allocated on completion of an application form together with proof of eligibility.
How to apply
Please download, complete and return the application form or ask the sixth form office for a hard copy. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.